Our goal at Laser Health Works is to bring you the most sophisticated and reliable aesthetic treatments available today. That’s when it comes to radiofrequency treatments, we offer Thermage.
Radiofrequency therapy is used to tighten, smooth, and breathe life back into skin that has become loose and wrinkled as part of the natural aging process.
Thermage is one of the most highly trusted radiofrequency methods available today — it has been used by physicians at over 2500 practices in 80 different countries. Over 1 million treatments have been issued. Thermage also has the longest history of any radiofrequency treatment of safe and effective treatments.
How it Works
Thermage uses the power of radiofrequency energy to spur the body’s natural process of renewal. This process of renewal primarily involves jump-starting the production of collagen, a structural protein that makes your skin tighter, smoother, and more defined. Because Thermage spurs the creation of this collagen, it not only makes your skin tighter in the short term – it trains your skin to continue to make itself tighter and smoother over time.
The treatment utilizes a combination of heating and cooling effects, delivered as follows:
- Cooling is delivered to ensure the safety of the upper layers of the skin.
- A specialized treatment tip is placed against the skin at target areas.Radiofrequency energy is then directed deep into the skin’s tissue, heating the treatment areas.
- Cooling is aimed at the treatment areas, gently cooling the epidermis.
Throughout this entire process, Comfort Pulse Technology issues periodic vibrations to provide extra comfort.
What to Expect
The Thermage Radiofrequency therapy itself is relatively quick and painless – treatment typically takes 45 minutes for the eyes or face, and up to 90 minutes for larger body areas. Throughout the course of the procedure, most patients feel little to no discomfort. Your treatment will be specially tailored to the amount of heat you can comfortably handle.
Redness following treatment is common, and should subside within a day. Thermage involves absolutely no downtime or post-treatment care, so you can get back to your daily activities right away. Most patients only require one treatment to meet their cosmetic goals.
Thermage Radiofrequency therapy can be used on:
- The Eyes. The skin here is delicate and thin, so it is particularly susceptible to the effects of aging. Thermage can treat the skin of both the lower and upper eyelids.
- The Face. Thermage can smoothen wrinkles, improve texture, and return definition back to sagging facial skin.
- The Body. While usually not as noticeable as the eyes and face, the skin of the body is affected just as much by aging. Thermage can tighten loose areas of skin and lessen the appearance of cellulite on the arms, legs, chest, stomach, hips, and back.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation and see if you’re a candidate for this exciting new treatment. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!